The final 2019 codes were released by CMS on 6/11/18. A total of 615 code changes will take effect on Oct. 1, including 279 new codes, 285 revised codes and 51 code deletions. In addition to the code changes, there are also hundreds of changes to the Tabular instructions and Alphabetic Index.
The final FY2019 code set includes 32 additional new codes that weren’t on the proposed list released April 24. Additionally, 285 codes underwent revision in the tabular section, which includes changes to code descriptions as well as tabular instructions. Although there are changes in 15 of the 21 chapters in the coding manual, this webinar will focus primarily on the changes that have the likelihood of impacting home health and hospice care and services provided such as:
- An overview of the 55 new, revised & deleted neoplasm codes to report carcinomas, malignant and benign neoplasms, and melanocytic nevii of eyelids
- Expanded codes for neurological system related to muscular dystrophy and hemifacial spasms
- New and revised cerebrovascular disease codes
- New codes related to ischiorectal and horseshoe abscess codes and other changes in the Digestive system
- Expansion of myalgia codes to include more specific codes
- 15 new codes for urethral stricture codes
- 15 expanded codes at T41.4- that describe greater detail of surgical wound sites that will allow the coder to specify whether the infection affects the superficial incision surgical site, the deeper incisional surgical site, or the organ and space surgical site
- 3 new codes for post-procedural sepsis
- New codes related to poisoning by ecstasy and new category of codes for exploitation of children and adults
- Brief overview of code changes in other chapters less likely to be used by home health and hospice
In addition to a description of the code changes, the program will review recently released Coding Clinic guidance and define next steps to prepare for implementation of these changes on 10/1/2018.
Bring your staff together and come listen in to this fast moving 90-minute webinar focusing on code changes effective 10/1/2018 with selective illustrative case examples.
Judy Adams, RN, BSN, HCS-D, AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM Trainer, Adams Home Care Consulting, Inc. is a well-known health care consultant and speaker with over 30 years of healthcare experience and extensive experience in home care and home health management. Judy frequently speaks nationally on home health coverage, coding, HH COPs, PPS and medical review.
Enjoy the convenience and cost-efficiency of a webinar - watch the speaker's slide presentation on the internet while listening by telephone or through your computer's microphone and speakers (VoIP). There is no limit to the number of attendees from your agency who may participate at your site using one phone line and a computer with internet access.
Prior to the webinar, a GoToWebinar link will be emailed to you. You will need to register through this link to attend the webinar. You will be sent a confirmation which will include a join link to access the webinar, a dial-in number, and an access code to listen in via telephone. You will be sent any pertinent handouts if available.
Registration fees are based on one phone/webinar connection; multiple site participation for your agency will require a separate registration fee for each connection. Please note: if your agency has sent in 1 registration but 3 people from your agency register through the GTW link, your agency will be invoiced for the 2 additional registrations.
Following the webinar, you will receive a recording via link and it will be available for 30 days following the webinar.
|| Early Registration
| Regular Registration
A 50% fee refund will be given on cancellations submitted to the Home Care Association of Washington office by August 6, 2018.
Download Event Flyer