More than 473 code changes take effect for FY 2019 along with 279 new codes, 51 code deletions and 143 code title revisions. This webinar goes beyond providing your staff with the code changes for October 1st and combines the impact to home health case mix as well as a review of the coding guideline changes (expected publication late summer 2018). Join us for practical advice and Test Your Knowledge Cases highlighting the changes.
- Identify the coding changes that affect home health & hospice
- Determine which codes now require greater specificity
- New cannabis use & dependence codes
- New codes added for cerebral infarction
- Learn the extensive additions to Chapter 2 Neoplasms which affect home health & hospice patients
- Major revisions to Chapter 19 Injury, Poisoning and Other certain other consequences of external causes including post-operative infections (T81) which are expanding from 3 codes to 15 options; sepsis following procedure; additional drug poisonings
- Changes to therapy diagnosis coding such as Muscular Dystrophy; myalgia
- Updates to abscess of the anal & rectal regions
- Review changes to case mix diagnoses that may affect reimbursement
- Review updates & changes to coding guidelines effective October 1, 2018
- Discuss Test Your Knowledge cases to illustrate the new coding changes
Presenter: Joan Usher, BS, RHIA, HCS-D, ACE, President, JLU Health Record Systems is a nationally recognized AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM trainer and certified Home Care Coding Specialist – Diagnosis coder from the Association of Home Care Coding and Compliance (AHCC). Joan has a degree in Health Information Management and has been a home health consultant for over 30 years. She has educated more than 20,000 people in nationwide on coding. Joan is past president of the Massachusetts Health Information Management Association (MaHIMA) and active member of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Usher is a Board of Director of Hospice & Palliative Care of MA and a past Board of Director Home Care Alliance of MA. Joan's webinars consistently earn outstanding reviews from participants.
Convenience: Enjoy the convenience and cost-efficiency of a webinar – watch the speaker’s slide presentation on the internet while listening by telephone or through your computer’s microphone and speakers (VoIP). There is no limit to the number of attendees from your agency who may participate at your site using one phone line and a computer with internet access.
Confirmation: Prior to the webinar, a GoToWebinar link will be e-mailed to you. You will need to register through this link to attend the webinar. You will be sent a confirmation which will include a join link to access the webinar, a dial-in number and an access code to listen in via telephone. You will also be sent any pertinent handouts, if available, an evaluation and certificate.
Registration: The registration deadline is September 14, 2018. Registrations may not be shared between agencies – the agency’s registration covers the access of only one phone line/computer access to the webinar. Multiple site participation for your agency will require a separate registration fee for each connection. Please note: if your agency has sent in 1 registration but 3 people from your agency register through the GTW link, your agency will be invoiced for the additional 2 registrations. The handouts will be emailed to you to the email address you provide.
| Registration Type
||$169 per agency line
||$269 per agency line
: Fees will be refunded only if written cancellation is received by HCAW two weeks prior to the workshop and no refunds after the registration link is sent to your agency. In the event of a written cancellation, HCAW will retain $30 of the initial fee to cover administrative overhead.