Session 1- October 2nd
“Role of Quality & Compliance in Home Health and Hospice”
Session 2 - October 9th
“Improving Quality: Star Ratings/Patient Satisfaction/PDGM using QAPI”
Session 3 - October 16th
“The ABCs of Compliance: Accountability, Best Practices & Consistency”
Session 4 - October 23rd
“Optimizing your QAPI and Compliance Programs with Successful Staff Engagement”
Home Health and Hospice agencies face challenges with operationalizing regulatory Conditions of Participation (CoPs), payment requirements and quality reporting mandates. Now, adding PDGM into the mix, agencies must take the time and opportunity to strategize. This webinar series will guide participants through the key requirements of a data- driven Quality Assessment/Performance Improvement (QAPI) program and through the key guidance for an effective billing compliance plan as defined by HHS OIG. Agencies will learn the importance of effectively utilizing key data to monitor and manage an agency wide QAPI program, ensure CoP compliance, and mitigate billing risk. Using industry guidance, case examples and sample tools, Simione ‘s experts will outline strategies that will assist agency leaders and managers in successfully integrating these processes while facilitating successful staff engagement
- Describe the regulatory and quality reporting requirements for home health and hospice, including key data elements that can be included in a comprehensive QAPI program
- Describe the areas of billing compliance risk and the components necessary for implementation of an effective Corporate Compliance Program as recommended by the OIG
- Use case examples to demonstrate successful integration of key billing risk mitigation measures and regulatory CoP compliance performance indicators
- Discuss options for merging an agency’s QAPI oversight program with a compliance audit plan for billing risk
- Identify best practices to efficiently measure outcomes, ensure regulatory compliance/survey readiness, facilitate staff engagement in compliance and reduce risk of financial penalties due to billing non-compliance
Kimberly Skehan is Director of Regulatory and Quality Consulting at Simione Healthcare Consultants with more than 30 years of clinical, management and consulting experience in home health and hospice.
Kathleen A. Hessler RN, JD, CHC, CHPC is the national Director of Compliance & Risk for Simione Healthcare Consultants, LLC. She has responsibilities for a team of compliance professionals who provide ethics, compliance and risk management services to home health and hospice companies.
Payment must be made in advance of the program. Due to the expense of using the telephone/web hook-up, Webinar registrations may not be shared between agencies. Your registration covers the access of only one log in to the webinar. Handouts and related materials will be sent to you shortly before the program to the email address you provide.
Registration Deadline: September 25, 2019. A $30 late fee will be charged per person for each registration received after the deadline.
|| HCAW Member
|| $399 per link
|| $499 per link
Refunds will be issued for those that cancel up to three (3) days prior to the program. Cancellations made less than 3 business days, or ‘no shows’ will forfeit the registration fee. Cancellations must be received in writing via e-mail.