Palliative Care & Hospice Nursing Assistant Review: CHPNA Exam Preparation – OCHCH
Workshop 11/1 – 9:00am – 4:30pm
During this workshop, to refresh the student with material aligning with the test plan in preparation for taking the Certified Hospice & Palliative Nursing Assistant (CHPNA) certification examination given by the Hospice & Palliative Credentialing Center (HPCC). Program Objectives:
· Overview of Hospice and Palliative Care Nursing Assistant Practice
· Review Nursing Assistant role in pain and symptom management
· Discuss ethical issues in Hospice and Palliative care
· Discuss the importance of communication with patients, families and care providers
· Review cultural considerations
· Discuss spiritual care, loss and bereavement in hospice care
· Review care at the end of life
· Discuss Nursing Assistant personal and professional development
Members $15 | Non-Members $40
Webinar login instructions will be emailed to registered attendees. Please note: Each registration is for one phone connection.
Attendance for the entire program is required to earn Contact Hours. A copy of the completed Continuing Education Certificate must also be submitted. This program will provide 6 contact hours to RNs and LPNs.
Ohio Council for Home Care and Hospice is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (OBN-001-91)
About the Presenter
Kathy Royer, RN, MBA, DMin, CHPN, CHPCA, CEHCH is the hospice regulatory director for the Ohio Council for Home Care and Hospice. She is a registered nurse with more than 23 years of experience in hospice. She served as a corporate division director with a demonstrated history of improvement in quality scores. She has expertise in hospice and hospital environments. Kathy is skilled in corporate leadership development, operations management, regulatory consultation, coaching, Palliative Care, team building, and as a cultural change agent.